Language:
switch to room list switch to menu My folders
Go to page: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... Last
↑↑↑ Old messages ↑↑↑            ↓↓↓ New messages ↓↓↓
[#] Tue Aug 16 2011 18:10:38 EDT from Erin

[Reply] [ReplyQuoted] [Headers] [Print]

People need time to move on, that's all.  Be patient and moreover tolerant of any criticisms.  And remember, he/she would still be there if the situation was right.... they're not back for a reason!

[#] Tue Aug 16 2011 21:43:36 EDT from cbd

Tue Aug 16 2011 18:10:38 EDT from Erin

People need time to move on, that's all.  Be patient and moreover tolerant of any criticisms.  And remember, he/she would still be there if the situation was right.... they're not back for a reason!

He's not back because he's off doing some kind of touring show now instead. Having seen a little bit of both (but only a little bit - Zebulon's a bit of a trek for me), I think they're both pretty cool, and I really like the advice of focusing on your own strengths rather than trying to be him.

[#] Thu Aug 18 2011 19:23:26 EDT from IGnatius T Foobar

The site occasionally rendering in Chinese or other languages is a known bug and it will be fixed soon.  It has to do with a Chinese search engine called Baidu, which seems to be spidering the site quite often lately.  It sets the language to Chinese for its session, and then when it moves on, the next visitor who gets that session still has the language set to Chinese.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  In the meantime just log in and set the language back to "en_US" (or some other language of your choice) using the language selector in the upper left corner of the screen, directly beneath the Citadel logo.

[#] Tue Aug 23 2011 18:36:48 EDT from kidsimba

I had Russian the other day... did I mention I can see Russia from my front door? :)

[#] Sat Aug 27 2011 10:43:21 EDT from cbd

Well, so far the most exciting thing Hurricane Irene has done around here is cancel three of my five appearances for the weekend.

One of which was yesterday, before it hit. There wasn't even any rain. North Carolina reacts oddly to storms.

[#] Sun Sep 11 2011 21:40:14 EDT from Maddietrevino

Subject: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having trouble pumping up my school as mascot . :/ any ideas cause iv tried it all and they all act embarassed !

[#] Sun Sep 11 2011 23:31:23 EDT from Erin

Hey Maddie!

It's kinda hard to suggest things without being able to "read" your crowd.  What is the crowd focused on?  The game?  The cheerleaders?  Themselves?

Oftentimes you have to simply be a responder and not a rallier.  Respond with excitement when the crowd responds to plays on the field.  Celebrate when they score.  And do this for a few games, not worrying about "pumping them up" at random times for no reason.

Give them time to see you want to support the game and eventually they'll start following you.  Have fun with it.  You can respond both positively and "sadly" (not necessarily negatively - you don't want to do any unsportsmanlike gestures).

Let us know how things progress!

[#] Thu Sep 29 2011 17:16:50 EDT from bobcat11

i own the my school store and theres a bout 600 k-8 im in 8th so tomorow im going to dress up as a bobcat and everyone might know its me since im here everyday i know that i shouldnt talk but what else should i do that wont give it up

im going to dance and not speak 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP NEED ANSWER BUY 9-29-11 OR 9-30-11

[#] Thu Sep 29 2011 21:45:34 EDT from cbd

Wait, you're in eighth grade and own the school store? Wow, that's pretty cool.

Anyhow... don't talk. Don't confirm who you are when people ask. Don't change in public. Have an alibi.

And if some people figure it out, don't sweat over a few people knowing. (I'm proud of the fact that I have friends who have season tickets to the team I work for and don't know I'm Swoops, but I also really don't mind the fact that some of them have figured it out by now. I'm still anonymous to nearly everyone in the stadium, and beyond your circle of friends you can probably stay anonymous to most of the school.)

[#] Fri Sep 30 2011 21:06:08 EDT from cbd

So, how'd it go?

[#] Tue Oct 18 2011 12:41:10 EDT from cbd

I just had an appearance canceled because the event organizers decided they didn't want anything fun at their event. And yes, that's pretty much exactly how they put it.

I find this attitude baffling. Sure, plans change, and un-booking me makes sense, but actually thinking of putting your plan in those terms - no fun things occurring - and still thinking it sounds like a good idea is a very alien attitude to me.

[#] Tue Oct 25 2011 14:12:15 EDT from pafisher188

Subject: Hey!

Hey everyone,

Long time no talk (or post, or whatever)! Its been a very hectic past few months for me, but things are settling in (somewhat). Still in the mascot business, still performing as often as possible with the Fire (everyone loves Sparky). I went on hiatus for a while here because a whole slew of bad things happened in my life... but sometimes you have to go through the crap to get to the other side. Almost there! I'll be checking this often again, so I look forward to chit chatting with y'all. 

KS, I hope you didn't miss me too much. 

[#] Tue Oct 25 2011 21:38:02 EDT from cbd

Subject: Re: Hey!

Welcome back. Shame the season just ended; would've loved to see Chicago in the playoffs instead of New Jersey.

[#] Tue Oct 25 2011 23:07:19 EDT from kidsimba

I've been on here since...*counts* crud... a LONG time. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon! Glad to have you back, hope that things are clearing up.

Just grateful to have the many years of mascotting that I've been "allowed" to have, and hopefully a few more before hanging up the fur for good.

[#] Wed Oct 26 2011 17:10:07 EDT from clutch

Subject: whats up!

hello!

[#] Wed Oct 26 2011 17:11:25 EDT from red

we live!

[#] Wed Oct 26 2011 17:28:58 EDT from Erin

Tue Oct 25 2011 21:38:02 EDT from cbd Subject: Re: Hey!

Welcome back. Shame the season just ended; would've loved to see Chicago in the playoffs instead of New Jersey.

We all hate pink cows.... we all hate pink cows....

[#] Thu Oct 27 2011 16:38:24 EDT from cbd

Wed Oct 26 2011 17:28:58 EDT from Erin Subject: Re: Hey!

Tue Oct 25 2011 21:38:02 EDT from cbd Subject: Re: Hey!

We all hate pink cows.... we all hate pink cows....

Just wait for next year, when the league is very probably getting a new most hated team.

[#] Tue Nov 08 2011 16:30:30 EST from Polo113

Subject: New Mascot Me

Dear Anyone-Who-Can-Help,

Hey! I just got the new job for mascot for middle school basket ball games. (I'm in middle school, 8th grade) Because I'm new, I pretty much have no clue what to do come game time! I've been looking through the skit lists and other health tips and stuff, but I'm kinda scared to do some of this stuff. Do you know any small scale stuff I could maybe do until I get confident enough? And also my costume doesn't have a huge head, instead a hole in the costume where I poke my head through. Do I still have to worry about my "secret identity"? An answer would be a hugeanormous help!! THANKS!

~Polo

[#] Wed Nov 09 2011 14:24:16 EST from Erin

Hey Polo!

I think with some hot glue and a piece of jersey mesh you can cover the hole that you look out of.

Please feel free to peruse http://www.mascot.net for ideas on what you can do at games and on campus.

Most important thing is to have fun.  Enjoy your work.  btw, what are you?

Go to page: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... Last